WOBBLY JELLY SOAP
Makes: depends! Prep time: 10-20 min. (for kids) + setting time
• 100 g hot water
• 10 g gelatin powder
• 1/2 tsp fine salt
• 100 g liquid castile soap
• colourant (as much as you like; must be liquid)
• 10 drops of essential oils (optional)
MY CHOICE OF ESSENTIAL OILS
Some essential oils are better suited than others, for use with children. Essential oils that are typically regarded as safe, when diluted properly, include bergamot, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, lime, mandarin, orange, rose, spearmint, tangerine & tea tree (note that this is not a complete list of ‘kid-safe’ oils). Read here for more information on essential oils.
Extra equipment required
Silicone moulds (small, any size)
1. Boil the kettle (make sure there is enough water inside).
2. Grab a glass jug and weigh in the hot water and gelatin powder, and measure in the salt.
3. Whisk until the gelatin powder has mostly dissolved.
4. Now weigh in the castile soap, and add the colouring, and essential oils (if you’re using them). Whisk again.
5. Pour the mixture into the moulds and pop them in the fridge to set – this could take a few hours.
6. Once set, pop your jellies out of their moulds and transfer them into a container.
Take one of these jellies out of the fridge and with you into the bath or shower. Use them just as you would soap, rinsing well when you’re done.
〉Each jelly is designed to be used once.
〉They should keep for a week or so (keep them in the fridge between uses).
〉You’ll also find this recipe in my DIY recipe book for kids!
AUTHOR & ADVOCATE FOR NATURAL LIVING
Krissy wants to see a world where people make conscious choices that honour both humans and habitat. It is her mission to gently guide people towards this beautiful way of life. With a background in education and health promotion, she devotes her time to increasing awareness on common and avoidable toxins, as well as educating individuals on simple ways they can adjust their lifestyles to better serve themselves, and the planet. Natural DIY is Krissy’s speciality, and she has sold over 80,000 copies of her recipe books, including her latest book, The Lifestyle Edit, the award-winning, Naturally Inspired - Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning, and her kids book, Make & Play - Natural DIY Recipes for Kids.