This espresso soap bar recipe is a gorgeous, softly exfoliating soap that will give you an early morning, calorie-free, caffeine fix!
Espresso Soap Bars
Makes: 400 g (approx. 4 soap bars) Prep time: < 10 min. (plus setting time)
Extra Equipment Required
Silicone moulds or soap trays
1. Add soap to blender or food processor. Blend for 10-20 seconds on high speed until you reach a powder-like consistency. Empty into a glass bowl.
2. Add carrier oil to bowl and heat until softened, using either a microwave or the double boiler method. (Double boiler method– place bowl on a pot of gently simmering water and stir frequently; Microwave method– heat in short bursts on low, stopping and stirring frequently). Note that mixture will look warm and squishy but not melted to a liquid consistency. Remove from heat.
3. Add coffee grounds and mix until combined.
4. Press mixture into silicone moulds or soap trays and allow to cool before unmoulding.
5. Allow to dry for 24 hours on a tray or sheet of baking paper, before storing in container of choice.
Massage onto wet skin and rinse with warm water. Keep soap dry between uses.