This is a fun way for kids to play around with make-up, but without the copious ingredients often found in the mainstream make-up that is marketed towards kids.
The best part is that it is the only make-up the kids need – it can be applied to cheeks, eyelids and lips!
To remove it, simple rub olive oil over skin and use a warm wet face washer to wipe it off. So easy!
Makes: 5 Prep time: 20-30 min. (for kids)
50 g | 1.8 oz olive oil
5 g | 0.2 oz beeswax pellets
30 g | 1.1 oz arrowroot flour
Colourant x5; micas work best
1. Grab a small glass jug and weigh in the olive oil and beeswax pellets.
2. Use a double boiler to melt the ingredients. Stir gently every now and again.
3. Now weigh in the arrowroot flour and stir well so that there are no lumpy bits.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between 5 small (approx 30g) pots and add a different colouring to each one, then mix carefully. **For best results, use at least 1 teaspoon of mica per pot.
5. Your make-up is ready to use, no need to wait for it to set!
⭐ For general information on using a thermal appliance (or microwave), click here.
Using a clean make-up brush, apply to your eyelids, lips or cheeks.
Be very careful not to inhale the loose mica dust. A face mask to cover your mouth and nose is a good idea (or ask a grown-up for help).
You’ll also find this recipe in my DIY recipe book for kids!
AUTHOR & ADVOCATE FOR NATURAL LIVING
Krissy wants to see a world where people make conscious choices that honour both humans and habitat. It is her mission to gently guide people towards this beautiful way of life. With a background in education and health promotion, she devotes her time to increasing awareness on common and avoidable toxins, as well as educating individuals on simple ways they can adjust their lifestyles to better serve themselves, and the planet. Natural DIY is Krissy’s speciality, and she has sold over 50,000 copies of her recipe books, including her latest book, The Lifestyle Edit, the award-winning, Naturally Inspired - Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning, and her kids book, Make & Play - Natural DIY Recipes for Kids. She offers honest and gentle guidance, education and 100+ free natural DIY recipes on her website.