Luscious, luscious, luscious; this whipped body cream sits firmly in my top 5 favourites! A beautiful and creamy body moisturiser that takes pride of place on my bathroom shelf.
It’s so versatile; sometimes it is my body cream, sometimes it is my face lotion, and sometimes it tames frizzy hair. Even in cool weather, it still maintains its lightness and fluffiness!! A little goes a long way so don’t be too heavy-handed or you’ll end up a slippery oily mess! You simply must try this one.
WHIPPED BODY CREAM
Makes: 200 g Prep time: < 10 min. (plus setting time)
• 75 g shea butter
• 75 g coconut oil (the type that solidifies)
• 50 g carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil and sweet almond oil are popular choices)
• 30 drops of essential oils
MY CHOICE OF ESSENTIAL OILS
1. Add shea butter, coconut oil and carrier oil to a glass bowl and heat until completely melted. (Double boiler method– place bowl on a pot of gently simmering water and stir frequently; Microwave method– heat in short bursts on low, stopping and stirring frequently). Remove from heat.
2. Add essential oils and mix until combined.
3. Place bowl in fridge until almost solidified (this usually takes at least 3-4 hours). It will need to feel thick and firm when touched.
4. Scrape down sides of bowl, and using a hand or electric beater, whip until opaque, white and fluffy.
5. Transfer into container of choice.
Scoop a generous amount of cream and apply to body.
〉Double the essential oils if you want a more powerful aroma.
〉It is imperative to wait until your mixture has practically solidified before whipping.
〉Keep in a cool place. If it gets hot it will melt!
AUTHOR & ADVOCATE FOR NATURAL LIVING
Krissy wants to see a world where people make conscious choices that honour both humans and habitat. It is her mission to gently guide people towards this beautiful way of life. With a background in education and health promotion, she devotes her time to increasing awareness on common and avoidable toxins, as well as educating individuals on simple ways they can adjust their lifestyles to better serve themselves, and the planet. Natural DIY is Krissy’s speciality, and she has sold over 80,000 copies of her recipe books, including her latest book, The Lifestyle Edit, the award-winning, Naturally Inspired - Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning, and her kids book, Make & Play - Natural DIY Recipes for Kids.