Luscious, luscious, luscious; this whipped body cream sits firmly in my top 5 favourites! A beautiful and creamy body moisturiser that takes pride of place on my bathroom shelf.
It’s so versatile; sometimes it is my body cream, sometimes it is my face lotion, and sometimes it tames frizzy hair. Even in cool weather, it still maintains its lightness and fluffiness!! A little goes a long way so don’t be too heavy-handed or you’ll end up a slippery oily mess! You simply must try this one.
Whipped Body Cream
Makes: 200 g Prep time: < 10 min. (plus setting time)
My Choice of Essential Oils
My favourite essential oils in this recipe are lemongrass and ginger, or orange and grapefruit, but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information on essential oils.
1. Add shea butter, coconut oil and carrier oil to a glass bowl and heat until completely melted. (Double boiler method– place bowl on a pot of gently simmering water and stir frequently; Microwave method– heat in short bursts on low, stopping and stirring frequently). Remove from heat.
2. Add essential oils and mix until combined.
3. Place bowl in fridge until almost solidified (this usually takes at least 3-4 hours). It will need to feel thick and firm when touched.
4. Scrape down sides of bowl, and using a hand or electric beater, whip until opaque, white and fluffy.
5. Transfer into container of choice.
Scoop a generous amount of cream and apply to body.